Okay so time to do some more research.
I was looking at this site 'David Mock Photography' must say I'm not a fan of the yellow and brown colour scheme, I'm starting to think with a site that shows off a wide range of photos in a wide range of colours you are best to stick to very 'neutral' 'simple' colour schemes. The part that I do like about this site is the roll over on the photos, the going from b&w into colour is quite a nice transition. A thought I have here is not so much starting in b&w but have this in revers, the image you are on goes b&w. This might not make sense to anyone unless they can see inside my head - but you can't so you'll just have to wait and see what I mean.
next up is 'Dayan Photography' this site would be a perfect example of what I meant by natural simple colour schemes, the main background colour is white, the text is grey and the little accent colour is a nice soft peach/pink. What really stood out for me on this site was the sweet little flowers in the bottom right hand corner. A first I thought the loader for the images was great, but after a few clicks it began to get annoying having this photo slide in and out on the screen, it was a bit junting. When it opened up the full length of the screen it was so bad though.
'Tony Martin Photography' I was thinking about a black background for the site but this site really changed my mind on this. What font colour would you use with a black site? I found the text on this to hard to read. But the good points where that the start page had an entry point for both a flash site and a html site as well.
'Greymatter Photography' with this site I again, loved the colours, I also really liked the way the slide show worked, and how you can also click 'next' down the bottom also.
I think another thing I liked about this is that you got a series of photos in some of the 'shows' not just that one great shot. Which I think is something I've always been interested in as a consumer when looking at photographer sites, I mean even I can take that one great shot and make it even better in photoshop, but five - six - ten? I think it's always get to see a lot more then just the one photo of a wedding or of a portrait shot.
A great example of what I was talking about above - with showing more then just the one great shot, is this site 'Wildberry Studio Designs' note to the wise though, have your speakers turned off when you click on that link, the music is very loud and there seems to be no way to turn it off. If you are like me you'll quickly be hitting the enter site button. But trust me this is so made up for with fantastic to die for photo's. Not sure if I like the scroll idea - but it does have it's good points i guess [navigation wise - it's simple and easy].
Okay that's about it for now. I'm off to drool over some great photos.
Monday, March 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment