Tuesday, March 20, 2007

This is the end

This is the end beautiful friend,
This is the end my only friend,
The end of our elaborate plans,
The end of everything that stands,
The end no safety or surprise,
The end I'll never look into your eyes...again.


Can you picture what will be,
So limitless and free
Desperately in need...of some...stranger's hand
In a...desperate land

Okay okay I'll stop singing! You know I'm going to have to go listen to that song now to get it out of my head! [btw in case you don't know - you unedumacated fool you - the song in question is "the end" by the doors]


Moving right along, what inspired my burst into song is that it is slowly but surely dawning on me that "THIS IS THE END" ... haha. That in a very very short time my 'respite' of study will be over and it's out into the real world with me. [epp!!] - and damit now I have the QUT add's in my head!!! DAMN YOU CLEVER MARKETING PEOPLE!!!

Wow I can't stay on topic can I?! So yes, the end = Real World = Job = Portfolio. In an effort to reassure myself I'm actually learning 'stuff' and actually producing 'stuff' that might one day go in a little black bag with a cute little handle to show those employer types what little old me can actually do... I thought I might actually start putting up some of my work on here!


I know what's that worth reading through all that for?! Glad you read it now aren't you. Best five minutes of your life huh?!

So to cut to the chase: Here is my photoshop homework - making three-D boxes out of images using the perspective tool. There was an additional request that our photos/boxes had to tell a story...

[click on image to see larger version]

I will be trying to update my work on here this weekend. This is all mostly for my own amusement as I know I'm pretty much the only one here, I like talking to myself ha ha. I should actually stick in a stats counter to make sure that I am talking just to myself, well myself and Wendy when she has to stop by and check that I'm being a good little student and doing any blog tasks... not that we have had all that many!?! In some ways I don't know what the point is in them making us set up blogs at the start of subjects, just like in semester one, we only ever used our blogs for a few very dull very dry and not very creative posts and that was that.

Would be interesting if they showed us how to 'utilise' blogger and such as a 'cheap' online portfolio. I think one of the first rules for that would certainly NOT be sprout on stuff like I am right now - HA HA. - off to the naughty corner with me.

No comments: